Tony Olmi, EMS, SRES
Equity Marketing Specialist/Senior Real Estate Specialist
- Email: TonyOlmi@msn.com
- Cell Phone: +1 505-410-0724
- Office Phone: +1 (505) 924-1031
- Fax: +1 1-866-351-1793
To bring broad and diversified professional experiences to my real estate brokerage in the assistance and service of others.
- Many years of diverse administrative and business experience.
- Real Estate and Business Brokerage, Property Management, Business Consulting.
- Experienced in the areas of government and political processes, Lobbying.
- Experienced in Public Speaking, conducting seminars and training.
- A team or independent worker with a strong work ethic willing to follow and lead.
- Real Estate Broker 1978-Present
Owner/Broker/Sales Manager (10-12 agents & clerical staff), Property Management, Brokerage of residential, multi-family, & commercial real estate. Developed real estate. Managed U.S. Government Repossessed and Seized Properties for Housing & Urban Development (HUD) and the US Marshall.
- Insurance: 2003-Present.
Licensed in Life, Health, Accident
- Bill Analyst: 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003 New Mexico State Legislature.
Advised & consulted legislators, government representatives, business and trade associations on various aspects and impact of existing and proposed legislation. (Business & Industry/Voters & Elections Committees)
- Disaster Reserve Loan Officer: U.S. Small Business Administration 2001-2004.
Interviewed, explained programs and assisted hundreds of disaster victims in FEMA Disaster Recovery Centers and Disaster Field Offices. Processed Physical & Economic Injury Loans resulting from natural disasters & World Trade Center attacks.
- Court Appointed Receiver 1986-1993
Principle duties and responsibilities included: managing and operating (supervised activities of attorneys, accountants, clerical staff) of two financial institutions as Substitute Trustee for the purpose of servicing over 200 real estate loans totaling millions of dollars and recovering the investments of hundreds of defrauded investor/lenders. The processes included foreclosure actions, litigation, restoration of properties for liquidation, accounting, disbursement of recovered funds to investors, and proper file and records management. These activities were conducted in cooperation with the State Attorney General, State District and Federal Bankruptcy Courts.
- Business Management Specialist/Loan Servicing Specialist 1970-1978
US Small Business Administration (SBA), Washington, D.C. & Albuquerque, New Mexico. Office Of Minority Industry Relations (OMIR). Investigated & tracked Franchise opportunities, spoke to Franchiser & Franchisee trade associations about SBA programs and lectured at conference on Franchising at Boston College. Established Small Business Institute Program through New Mexico Universities and SCORE/ACE program of more than 100 active and retired volunteer business executives. Conducted business management training seminars. Personally counseled hundreds of potential and existing small businesses. Assigned, supervised and coordinated the work of professional consultants. Public Information Officer (PIO), conducted lectures/speeches to business, banking, civic & trade associations about the SBA programs and other business topics. Equal Employment Opportunity Officer, member of the Minority Business Opportunity Committee of the Albuquerque/Santa Fe Federal Executive Board. Participated in Business Opportunity Trade Shows. Attained Civil Service rating of GS-12/3
- Hotel Assistant Manager/La Posada Inn Santa Fe, New Mexico 1966-1969
Supervised 50-60 restaurant, bar, housekeeping, maintenance, and front desk personnel.
- Film Production Manager/ Santa Fe, NM 1970
Supervised crew of over 100 models, drivers, food- service and other support staff. Coordinated filming activities and site locations with local authorities and private citizens.
- B.A. Political Science 1970 University of New Mexico. Hundreds of hours of Continuing Education in numerous business, finance, mortgage, and real estate related courses including environmental & flood regulations. Graduate of Saint Michael's High School Santa Fe, NM.
MILITARY EXPERIENCE 1961-1966
- United States Air Force (Air Transportation Specialist) Honorable Discharge. Letter of Commendation for successful & timely management of movement of thousands of troops during Cuban Missile Crisis.
PROFESSIONAL & CIVIC ACTIVITIES & HONORS
- Board Member New Mexico State Parks Foundation
- Chairman of Government Affairs Committee Albuquerque Board of Realtors.
- President of Neighborhood Association
- Director - Real Estate Assoc. of NM (RANM) - served on Legislative Committee
- Founding President of New Mexico Council of Exchangers (Real Estate)
- Published Articles on Business Planning (Management Aid) and "Selecting a Legal Business Structure" for Woman CPA Magazine
- Charter & Founding Member of a Toast Masters club.
- Lobbied and testified before New Mexico State Legislature and U.S. Congress
- Editor of & contributor to monthly newsletters on governmental issues
- Letter Of Commendation From U.S. Air Force Systems Command
- Volunteer to New Mexico State Prison System
- Listed in Who's Who in American Colleges & Universities
- Student Senator at University Of New Mexico
- Director of the University Of New Mexico International Center.
- Commissioner on NM Commission for Public Broadcasting 1998-1999
Find your new home